Full video title
Colt State Park | Thumoslang Along the Way | S1E1 | Rhode Island Video Tours
Full video description
- Riding a bicycle to Colt State Park then put in on the rack in front of a bus, Bus number 60, for a quick ride back to Providence is not a bad way to spend a free day in Rhode Island.
- In this video, we take you on a virtual tour to Colt State Park and teach you Thumoslang along the way.
- Here we are outside of a night club called Hot Club, which is by the Providence River near the Interstate 195.
- This is not a bad place to start our bicycle ride from Providence to Colt State Park.
- Here we are crossing under the freeway, Interstate 195.
- On the right is where you can take a ferry to Newport.
- This service is available between the last days in May until the first days in October.
- It takes 70 minutes to ride the ferry from Providence to Newport.
- That’s also how long it take to ride the bus, Bus number 60, from Providence to Newport.
- You can bring your bicycle with you on both the ferry and the bus.
- To go much longer and much further than Newport, you may want to take a round trip from Providence on one of the two cruise ships from the American Cruise Lines.
- One cruise ship is named the American Star and the other, the Independence.
- Both cruise ships will take you to Newport, Block Island, Martha’s Vineyard, Nantucket Island, New Bedford, and Bristol.
- At the dock on the right is where you go aboard the cruise ship.
- We’re riding through the India Point Park of Providence.
- On the left, after these trees, will be the start of the East Bay Bike Path, which connects this park with the Colt State Park.
- It takes 90 minutes to ride the bicycle down there from Brown University.
- It takes 30 minutes to ride the bicycle up there from Roger Williams University, which is further south of the Colt State Park.
- This is what it looks like to be on the East Bay Bike Path.
- The scenery changes drastically as you ride further and further.
- The path often takes us away from city traffic.
- It takes us through three other cities: East Providence, Barrington, and Bristol.